Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Are we being Punked?!

Hmmmmm....this may not be the greatest post to write just before our home visit but I just cant help myself! If I am normal, which I like to think I am at least semi, than its OK that there is at least one thing in my house that I really do not do well! (keep in mind that I said at least one thing, not only one!) For me its laundry! I despise laundry, really really truly just hate it. And I'm convinced it hates me too! I have joked with Kelly that I have intentions to tell our social worker that "my kids may not go to school with matching socks every day but they are loved" to which he responded "I'm lucky if mine are clean I wouldn't mind if they didn't match!" How dare him right! Go easy on me please, I'm airing our dirty laundry here (literally). So, anyway, all that to say, in preparation for our lovely home visit I have been doing my fair share of laundry! We will leave out how much! yesterday apparently I did so much that the washing machine hose came lose and water started leaking onto our hard wood floors! Aaaahhh! So fast forward to 7 pm and I am behind that washing machine carefully following Kelly's instructions, and the girls are playing in the living room. We have the hose back on and are testing it out... just as Kelly pushes the button on the washer to start the spin cycle and empty the water the hose comes flying off and HOT water goes spraying everywhere!!!!!! All over me, all over the walls, all over the floor! Oh and it gets better, right about that time I hear Tatum yell "Daddy!!!!!" Only to be very quickly deserted by Kelly to find out later that Blakely had inserted her hand into her VERY dirty diaper and was playing in it! So now does my title make since?! If only we had a camera we so could have won America's funniest home videos! All Kelly and I could do was laugh!I am so thankful that God has given us humor!


On an adoption note! We have our lovely home visit this Saturday which we are frantically preparing for! We covet your prayers that we can get all of the necessary things done and ready in time! Also we are preparing a small care package to send to our sweet boy at the end of the month! We are so excited for him to receive it, and see pictures of us and the girls for the first time! We are praying that God will begin the prepare his heart to be a part of our family and that he will continue to protect hime!

Job 8:21 ESV   
He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting.

No comments:

Post a Comment