Friday, June 14, 2013

Blog hacker!-but I love him!

So my sweet husband asked me if he could write a little something for the blog! Don't worry I spell checked for him! He he he! Little did I know that he would totally show me up and make me cry my eyes out!

Hey blog readers! This is Kelly. I know that Taylor is the one that you are used to hearing from and she has been doing a great job. If you forgive the intrusion I won't take much of your time. As we are heading into  Father's Day weekend I have been thinking about my fathers and my children. I have three dads one step, one bio & one in law. I normally throw away all of these titles since they all had a part in raising me. I am so blessed to have these men in my life and have learned a lot from each of them about being a dad and a man. 
I am so proud of both of my girls and couldn't imagine life without them in it. They make us laugh and they make us think, they have also made us apologize to our own parents when we realize what we put them through  as kids. I think about next year and I will be celebrating with two additions to our family. That makes me smile to think about. 
I was very excited to get to go see Man of Steel last night with a buddy. ( it was awesome) there was one scene that I saw on the commercials and when I saw it in the movie it didn't pull on my heart any less. Pa Kent is explaining to Clark that he is not from earth and how they found him, Clark says to Pa Kent -"can't I just keep pretending I am your son?" Pa grabs him and holds him tight and says "you are my son"---- Oh my goodness, if I was a cry-er I would need some tissues. Adoption has made us think of things differently in our family, and one of the desires Taylor and I have through this process is not only to bring two boys into our family but also to make Christ known through this time. I mentioned before I had three dads. I really have a fourth  that should be the first on the list. God is my father. He adopted me into his family when I was six years old. As we move through this process and go through Father's Day if you have any questions about what it means to be a child of God please shoot us a line and we would be overjoyed to share our Father with you. Hope you have a great weekend and make sure to give your fathers a hug if its possible. 

KB
147,000,000 orphans -2 =www.thebrewerbrood.com

1 comment: